The mission of James Logan High School, a uniquely large and diverse community of students, families and staff, is to equitably serve, nurture and educate every student to become an empowered, socially and culturally conscious graduate who is a knowledgeable, respectful, positively contributing member of society by providing a safe, inclusive, anti-biased, anti-racist environment characterized by relevant, challenging, evolving curriculum which promotes maximum achievement and life-long learning.
We Believe That:
- all people have equal worth;
- all people can and do learn throughout life;
- all people want to learn and succeed;
- the human capacity to learn is limitless;
- individuals are responsible for their choices and actions;
- integrity is essential for building a relationship of trust and respect;
- hard work is necessary for people to achieve their full potential;
- high expectations bring higher results;
- a safe and caring environment is essential for people to thrive;
- diversity is an asset which enriches and strengthens our community;
- the family experience is the primary influence in the development and learning of a child;
- a quality education expands opportunities and empowers individuals throughout life;
- education is the shared responsibility of the entire community;
- public education is essential to a democratic society.