Field Trip Planning
Field trips can provide a valuable educational opportunity for students. This page is designed to help teachers/advisors plan a field trip.
All field trip requests require the following:
- NCR Field Trip Request Form
- Parent Letter
- Field Trip Permission Slip
- Driver Date Form (if you or a volunteer is driving students)
Important things to note:
- Before planning a trip, please check with Main Office staff if sub coverage will be available on day of trip. (Contact Kimberly Quintal)
- A certificated staff member must be present for all field trips. Students cannot be supervised by a non-certificated staff member; including classified management.
Field Trip Form
All overnight or out of state field trips require Board approval and must be received at the ESC 60 days prior to departure.
All one day/within California field trip requests must be received at the ESC 30 days prior to departure.
Field trip request forms (NCR) are available in the Main Office.
All field trip request forms must have a parent letter attached. Open the document, make a copy, edit information in the document, and attach it to the field trip form.
Field Trip Itinerary
All field trip request forms must have an itinerary attached. You may use the sample itinerary posted here as a model.
Permission Slip (2-sided)
All field trip request forms must have a permission slip template attached. Open the document, make a copy, edit information in the document, and attach to the field trip form.
Before the field trip, all students are required to submit their permission slips to teacher/advisor organizing the trip. (Give students the 2-sided form.)