- Girls Basketball open gym will be every Monday & Wednesday beginning today. Meet Coach Craddock in the Al Rod gym after school.
- If you are interested in joining the wrestling team, there will be another sign-up meeting next Wednesday, Sept 28 after school in room 75. Important information will be given at the meeting. If you have any questions, please see Coach Bagaoisan or Coach Malcolm.
- Congratulations to James Logan 11th grader, Vanessa Mejia, who has been selected to the United States Olympic development soccer team for the 16 most western states. With this hono Vanessa is qualified to potentially be selected to the United States women's national team for 18-year-olds and under. Also, congratulations to Logan 11 grader Zinet Siddiqi, o has been selected to the women's national soccer team for the country of Afghanistan. Zinet will have opportunities to play in the qualifying rounds for the 201 FIFA women's World Cup in France as well as in the Olympic Games in Tokyo Japan in 2020.
- Great job to the Cross Country Team at Hayward High this past weekend. The team earned 24 individual Medals and 2 Team Medals. Alexandria Childs-Smith was a winner and Jimmy Irwin placed 3rd in his race.
- Are you interested in going to Spain? Come to the meeting in Room 534 this Thursday at 6:00 p.m. This meeting is for parents and students.
- The Youth Alive Christian Club meets every Thursday after school in Room 418. Bible study is every Friday during lunch.
- Bonjour, come to the French Club meeting on Thursday after school in Room 452. We will be talking about the club recruitment Fair.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year!
- Yearbooks are on sale for $90, $80 with ASB.
- Buy your ASB sticker $25 today and every day in Room 67.
- Would you like to know why students do not often graduate from High School? Come and either be a part of or volunteer at UC Exceed: A GradNation Summit this September 24, 2016 at Conley Caraballo High School from 8:30 a.m. .to 5:00 p.m. There will be free food and drinks, Child care provided, and a Career Fair. For everybody who attends this great event will be able to get community service hours for being there. We also have a Great and Talented Key Note speaker coming to present at this fabulous event that Union City Kids' Zone and a group of Logan Students are going to be putting on together. If you would like to know more information about it, register to attend, or would like to volunteer for this Great Event see Mrs. Martin the Kids' Zone Family Assistant in the Main office for more information or how to sign up or Volunteer! Again, the GradNation Summit is on Sept 24.
- The Dead line to apply for the lunch program is Oct 6, You must fill out a new application every year. If you do not you will be dropped from the program and put into a Paid status.
- Theater Snack Bar, with the work going on in Memorial Square the Snack Bar by the Theater is still open.
- Students the hallways in the Main Building are closed during lunch. This includes the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s classrooms. If you need to go across from Colt Court to the 200s or 300s or the other way around, please use the hallway by the library or go around the main building. The hallways are closed so that classes that are being held in the Main Building are not disturbed during lunch.
- JOB ALERT! SUMMER WORK PERMITS are only good until September 20, 2016.2016 – 2017 SCHOOL YEAR WORK PERMITS APPLICATIONS are now available in the Career Center in the Colt Necessities Store area, in each House Office 1, 2, 3 and on the James Logan Website. Once completed, return the Work Permit Application with a signed copy of your Social Security Card to Mr. Richberg in room #63 during 4th period lunch only for processing.
- If you do not have your ID please go to the Pavilion from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. tomorrow and have your picture taken.
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo will be visiting Logan tomorrow 1st period. All interested students MUST SIGN UP in advance. Sign-ups are in the Career Center for college presentations taking place at Logan.