- We had a great meet this weekend at MVAL championships at Newark Memorial. Here are some highlights. Our varsity girls 200 medley relay team of Supriya Sharma, Jannae Torres, Sheris Mendiola and Antoinette Loya took first place in this event. Sophomore, Jannae went on to take first place in the 100-yard breaststroke. Sophomore, Lawrence Lee took first place in the 100-yard butterfly, setting a new school record. After this, he turned right around and took first place in the 100-yard freestyle. Our team captain, Antoinette Loya, who was voted Logan's 2016 female athlete of the year along with Alexandra Newsom took first place in the 50-yard freestyle. Her time of 23.67 seconds is the fastest not just in Logan's history but in all of MVAL's history! Antoinette automatically qualifies to compete at the NCS meet this coming weekend in Concord and will attempt to make the state championship meet May 20 and 21st. Please congratulate these champions if you see them. We can all be proud that they are Logan Colts!
- Choir Auditions are here! If you love to sing, dance, and travel; this is the place for you! Auditions for Advanced Concert Choir and Jazz Singers will be on May 16th at 3:30pm in room 721 in the PAC. Show Choir Auditions will be on May 19th and 20th at 3:30pmin room 721. You will sing and dance both days. Be bring clothes to dance in. If you have any questions see Ms McShane in the choir room (721). See you there!
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen)
- Attention Students! Prom season is coming up and tickets for this year's Junior-Senior Ball tickets are on sale now. The exclusion list is posted on the Main Office windows facing Colt Court. If you have 60 or more cuts, or have been suspended for fighting, drugs/alcohol possession or paraphernalia, possession of weapons, or harassment/threats, unfortunately you cannot participate. If you feel you are on the list in error, please see your House Principal.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $85, $75 with ASB.
- Reminder to all students that if you’re found selling cookies, candy, sodas, etc. (any item not approved for an authorized student fundraiser), the items and money will be confiscated. If any of you need a dress for prom the Princess Project has tons of dresses to choose from. Come see Ms. Bobadilla in room 507 or Ms. Esquivez in room 407 for more information.
- Please support the Puente sophomore class to fundraise for their college field trip to Southern California. Buy tickets for the A's game on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 1:05pm against the Detroit Tigers. Tickets are $20, which includes a $6 food credit. You can purchase them from Puente students or with Ms. Hughes in Room 403. Thank you for all of your support.