- Congratulations to The Track & Field Teams 52 MVAL Champions. Hanah Hall and Nick Gammal State MVAL Records, Jessica Santos set a school record in The Pole vault.
- Boys’ Basketball is looking for new team managers for the summer and winter league play next year. If you’re interested please contact Coach Mel or Coach Busch at 510-290-8568.
- Attention Ballet Folklorico Members! There is an End of the year IMPORTANT meeting for ALL Ballet Folklorico Members. The meeting is Monday, May 23, after school in the Dance Studio, plan on being there!
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen)
- Attention Students! Prom season is coming up and tickets for this year's Junior-Senior Ball tickets are on sale now. The exclusion list is posted on the Main Office windows facing Colt Court. If you have 60 or more cuts, or have been suspended for fighting, drugs/alcohol possession or paraphernalia, possession of weapons, or harassment/threats, unfortunately you cannot participate. If you feel you are on the list in error, please see your House Principal.
- Attention students - If you will turn 18 years old before May 23 and you would like to register to vote, come to Colt Court today during both lunch periods as well as after school and register.
- Seniors, clear your library bills. Check your e-mail or check out the list on the library window.
- Hey Seniors! As we near the end of the school year and gear up for graduation, please make sure to request your graduation tickets. Please check your email - Mr. Brar emailed you on Monday night. Or visit the school website - jameslogan.org/SeniorActivities. It is important that every graduating senior fill out the graduation ticket form and request only the number of tickets they need. Because of fire code and directives from Union City Police and Fire departments, we are required to limit the attendance at graduation to the maximum capacity. We will do our best to give additional tickets to families who need more. All seniors must request tickets using the form Mr. Brar emailed them. Students may request up to two additional tickets, which will be given out based on availability.
- If you need more than five tickets, please know that we will allocate any additional tickets based on how many are not claimed. Please indicate how many more you need. At this time you are only able to ask for up to 2 more tickets.We will stream the graduation ceremony live on YouTube, and broadcast it in the Pavilion – all family members not able to participate in the stadium are welcome to watch the ceremony live in the Pavilion (no tickets needed for entrance in the Pavilion). FINAL TICKET LIST WILL BE POSTED ON LOGAN WEBSITE ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 18.TICKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED DURING GRADUATION REHEARSAL ON JUNE 10.
- Are you interested in being a Link Crew Mentor next year? You can pick-up your applications in Rm. 67 at lunch and after school.
- Come check out the Battle of the Bay on Saturday, May 21st, where players from the Raiders and 49ers will be playing basketball against each other! Who will be there you ask? Some confirmed players include Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, NaVarro Bowman, and Carlos Hyde. Special guest coaches will also be on hand pending the Western Conference Playoffs. VIP Tickets are available for a meet and greet opportunity. Purchase tickets at BattleoftheBay2016.Eventbrite.com Proceeds benefit NH PASE Scholarships. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next FCA/Youth Alive meeting will be Wednesday May 25. What is the meaning of Assalam Alaikum? is the topic of the next meeting for Muslim Students Association. We will also discuss plans for next year. See you Friday after school in room 453.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $85, $75 with ASB.
- Reminder to all students that if you’re found selling cookies, candy, sodas, etc. (any item not approved for an authorized student fundraiser), the items and money will be confiscated. If any of you need a dress for prom the Princess Project has tons of dresses to choose from. Come see Ms. Bobadilla in room 507 or Ms. Esquivez in room 407 for more information.
- Please support the Puente sophomore class to fundraise for their college field trip to Southern California. Buy tickets for the A's game on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 1:05pm against the Detroit Tigers. Tickets are $20, which includes a $6 food credit. You can purchase them from Puente students or with Ms. Hughes in Room 403. Thank you for all of your support.
- Students be sure to let your patents know the last day the cafeteria will accept checks is Friday May 20, 2016. After this date, please make payments on line at www.myschoolbucks.com or by cash. Balances will rollover into the next school year.