CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen)
- Juniors and Seniors participating in Powder puff, tickets will be available after school in Rm. 67. Come by and pick them up ONLY if you have turned in your permission slips. Practice starts Tuesday April 12th for both players and cheerleaders, and permission slips are due this Friday. NO EXCEPTIONS..
- PLEASE NOTE: Diplomas are a legal document and may only contain your legal name. No changes will be made to add nicknames, step-parent surnames, remove names, etc., unless you can provide a copy of your birth certificate or have LEGALLY changed your name & can provide a copy of the court document with the official “Filed” stamp.
- JUNIORS: Do you want to check out close to 100 colleges from across the U.S. all in one spot? Then sign up for this year's Spring College Faire field trip happening May 5. We will be heading to Mission College in Santa Clara. Permission slips for this event are available in the Career Center and are due back in the Career Center by May 2.
- Attention Students! Prom season is coming up and tickets for this year's Junior-Senior Ball tickets are on sale now. The exclusion list is posted on the Main Office windows facing Colt Court. If you have 60 or more cuts, or have been suspended for fighting, drugs/alcohol possession or paraphernalia, possession of weapons, or harassment/threats, unfortunately you cannot participate. If you feel you are on the list in error, please see your House Principal.
- Its that time of year again! M.E.Ch.A is hosting its annual car show on May 6 during lunch! If you would like to enter your car come by and see Ms. Esquivez in room 407 to pick up an application!
- The FCA/Youth Alive is meeting in the pavilion 5th lunch. There will be FREE PIZZA! All are welcome.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year.
- Community Service count down: As of today you have 2 school days and no weekends left to complete and turn in for graduation credit, your 20 hours of community service.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $85, $75 with ASB.
- Reminder to all students that if you are found selling cookies, candy, sodas, etc. (any item not approved for an authorized student fundraiser), the items and money will be confiscated. If any of you need a dress for prom the Princess Project has tons of dresses to choose from. Come see Ms. Bobadilla in room 507 or Ms. Esquivez in room 407 for more information.
- Please support the Puente sophomore class to fundraise for their college field trip to Southern California. Buy tickets for the A's game on Sunday May 29, 2016 at 1:05pm against the Detroit Tigers. Tickets are $20, which includes a $6 food credit. You can purchase them from Puente students or with Ms. Hughes in Room 403. Thank you for all of your support.
- Health Center News: Thank you to all who participated in the HIV & AIDS awareness event! Due to confidentiality, we are not releasing the names of the winners but rest assured we have directly contacted them to notify them that they won. Thank you all again! Keep your eyes and ears open for what might be happening next at the Health Center.
- Want to make a difference? Donate your spare change to any teacher and you will be helping earthquake victims in Ecuador. The JLHS Travel Club will hand deliver your donations in Ecuador in June!