- Congratulations to the Track & Field teams MVAL Champions on all 4 teams, 66 MVAL Champions and 84 Bay Shore Qualifiers. Congratulations also to Jessica Santos new school record holder in the pole vault 10 feet 5 inches. Athletic Scholarships have been awarded to Cristian Monsaulud to the University of San Francisco and Morgan Jones, to Sacramento State.
- The badminton team had a successful weekend representing James Logan at NCS. The following six students qualified to advance to NCS, and also all medaled! Alena Wang (gr. 11) - 1st place Girls Singles (3-peat Champion), Derek Hu (gr. 9) - 2nd place Boys Singles, Vicki Khau (gr. 12) & Ariane Buenaobra (gr. 12) - 3rd place Girls Doubles, Ryan Chung (gr. 9) & Monica Tran (gr. 12) - 4th place Mixed Doubles. Together, we brought home the 2nd place North Coast pennant. If you see any of the 64 badminton athletes around school, please give them a big pat on the back. While not everyone competed in NCS, they all worked together to prep these athletes to represent us. This was a huge feat to defend the 2nd place title and their hard work paid off tremendously! Thank you again for your continuous support and cooperation through the long season.
- Dance 2015; come see tap, jazz, lyrical and hip-hop. Tickets are $10 at the door on Friday, May 22 at 7:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center. See Ms. Cervantez.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen)
- Seniors! Are you looking to find details about senior activities? Not sure when graduation rehearsal is? Check out the Senior Activities page on Logan website. You can get there directly by visiting jameslogan.org/senioractivities OR navigate from the top menu on Logan website - click on Sports & Activities, and then on Senior Activities! You'll find info about graduation, grad tickets, senior picnic, yearbook, grad trip, and LOTS more! Information updated routinely!
- Seniors: If you are still interested in attending Grad night, please come see Ms. Walton ASAP for more information. There is space and time still available.
- Freshman who are planning to take AP World History next year please come to an informational meeting on Friday, May 22 during both lunches, 4th period lunch Room 304, 5th period lunch in 305.
- Seniors: those of you who have picked up your cap and gown, please remember that you may not decorate them or alter them in any way. If you do, they will be taken away from you during the line up in the morning of graduation. You can wear necklaces and leis, but you may not decorate or alter your cap and gown.
- Come be encouraged at The Youth Christian Club today after school in Room 418.
- Travel Club’s Mountain Mike’s fundraiser night is tomorrow. Pick up a flier in your House Office and bring it with you when buying pizza.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year!
- Yearbooks are on sale EVERYDAY during lunch and after school in room 67. Order yours today $80 without ASB, $70 with ASB.
- Hey Loganites! Are you deficient in credits and therefore in danger of not graduating? If so, it is not too late to turn in your summer school application to your counselor. Applications are available in your House Office. All applications received after April 24 will be processed on a first come first served basis, granted there is space available in classes. For further information about summer school, please visit the James Logan website and click on the summer school link.
- Room sign ups for Grad Night have started. Once you have decided who your roommates will be, please send ONE person to room 67A to sign up. If you have an outstanding balance, you will not be able to sign up for a room until you are paid in full.
- Please come to the College Fair today during 5th period lunch in Colt Court. Those with fourth period lunch may attend with your class or with a pass from you teacher. The following universities will be tabling Academy of Art University, California College of the Arts, CSU Chico, CSU Monterey Bay, CSU Stanislaus, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, Holy Names University, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health, Merritt College, Mills College, Notre Dame de Namur University, San Francisco State, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, and University of the Pacific.
- The last day to write checks for school lunches I Friday May 29, you can make payments on line at www.myschoolbucks.com or by cash. Balances owing on your accounts will rollover into next school year.
- Logan is not excepting checks for the remainder of the year. Cash only. Thank you.
- WooHoo and CONGRATUALTIONS go out to Brittney Deadwiler, Jade Porter, Jada Cayetano, Sasha Jackson and Keyanna Sutton for winning the Afro-American Cultural & Historical Society scholarship for the Tri-City & Hayward Area.