- The 25th Annual Sabor Latino community dance is set for Saturday, February 21 (please note that this date is different then what we posted earlier) in the Al Rod. Gym sponsored by the Ballet Folkorico. Tickets in advance are $8 and $10 at the door. See any Ballet Folkorico dancer or Mr. Huertas for tickets and more information.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen)
- Seniors: This is the final day to turn in your NHSF scholarship applications in the Career Center. The doors lock at 3:30 and no late applications will be accepted. Good luck.
- The Youth Alive Christian Club meets every Thursday after school in Room 418 and every Friday at lunch is Bible study.
- There will be a BSU meeting Thursday, after school in Room 529 to discuss plans for the rest of the year.
- Remember to bring your testing ticket and current ID when taking the SAT or ACT tests. Current ID can be a Driver's License, State ID, Passport or School ID. School ID must be the actual ID (not a photocopy), and it must be for the current school year!
- The Adult School is offering Drivers Training during Spring Break. Pick up applications in the Main Office and the House Office’s.
- The library is open for after school tutoring! Students who are having difficulty in math or science class (or any subject) can come and get help from a teacher or peer mentor. The library will be open from 3:35 to 4:35 Monday - Thursday. We are also looking for students who want to be after school peer tutors. If you are interested, please see Mr. Eppler in room 44.
- It is chilly in the morning and it is chilly at night. Colt Necessities has items to warm you up. Go to the Career Center everyday except Wednesday during lunch to purchase knit caps and hoodies.
- College of Alameda will be here on Friday, Feb. 20 during 3rd period. Their specialty programs include Maritime Painting, Aviation Mechanics, Diesel Technology, Automotive Collision Repair, Automotive Technology, Fashion Design, Dental Assisting, and Disability Services. Presentation is open to all grade levels. Please sign up in the Career Center if you would like to attend.
- Sacramento State will be visiting us next Monday during 7th period in the Little Theater. The presentation is open to all grade levels. Join us to hear their campus and unique programs you will not find at other CSU’s or UC’s. To attend the presentation signs up in the Career Center.
- You are cordially invited to the first ICL Career Spotlight presentation! All students are welcome. Businesswoman, Kim Smith will be in room 206 after school on Friday, 2/20 to talk about her experiences in the world of business and answer questions for students who are interested in a career in the business world. Spaces will be limited, so get there early. Please see Mrs. Elbert in room 206 with any questions!
- James Logan you are in for a special event. Thursday Feb 19 the Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be featuring Romeo Marquez a former Logan student now an award winning national speaker. Please come to the pavilion 5th lunch to hear an amazing speaker. Pizza will be served.
- Are you interested in learning to fly a radio controlled airplane or a career in aviation then come to Room 404 after school on Thursday to learn more.