- Our Varsity Football Team will be playing De La Salle on October 11, at 3:00 p.m., at Levi Stadium. Adult tickets are sold out however; you can purchase them online from Ticket Master. Only 50 student tickets available from Sarah Muse in the Main Office. Students may purchase their tickets before and after school, or at lunch.
- There will be a wrestling sign-up meeting next Tuesday, at 3:45, in the Mat Room (next to the Weight Room). If you are interested in joining the wrestling team and you are not in a fall sport, it is important you attend. Important information and paperwork will be given.
- Congratulations to Coach Zuber for making Coach of the week. Coach Zuber was presented with a check for his team by the Oakland Raiders and The National Guard.
- Are you interested in computer software or robotics? The Computer Science Club meets concurrently with the Tech Club on Thursday afternoons in Room 475 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Bonjour tout le monde! Come to the French Club meeting after school today in Room 452.
- Punjabi Club meets today after school in Room 442. We will discuss the celebration of Diwali event and our plans for the year.
- The first BSU meeting will be held after school at 3:30 p.m. in Room 529 today. We will talk about officers and plans for the year. Come and bring a friend.
- PSAT and PACT tickets are now on sale at the student window during both lunches. Tickets cost $25. You can pay by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to JLHS (James Logan H.S.) The PSAT will be given on Oct. 15th and PACT on Nov. 15th. See Ms. Hull in House 2 if you have any questions.
- When taking the SAT or ACT tests, remember to always bring your testing ticket and current ID. Current ID can be a driver's license, state ID, passport or school ID. School ID must be the actual ID, not a photo copy and it must be for the current school year.
- The PSAT will be given to all 10th graders this year during their 1st period class on Wednesday, October 15th. There is no charge or no ticket needed for any 10th grader taking the PSAT. You will get your practice guide from your English teacher. Any other student who wishes to take the PSAT must purchase a ticket.
- Have the US Military pay your way through college. How? It’s called the ROTC program and pays for your bachelor degree in exchange for 4 years of military service in your degreed field as an officer in the branch of your choosing. To find out more, sign up to attend the ROTC presentation during 2nd period in the Career Center on September 29th.
- The Fremont Ghost House needs volunteers! Starting Sept. 6, the building of the actual ghost house sets and game booths start, followed by sign ups later in the month to volunteer to work as a character or game booth operator. Therefore, whether its construction, gaming or play acting that sounds good to you, volunteer and have some fun! Informational flyers are available in the Career Center or in your Logan email.
- Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a Navy Seal, Navy Diver, Explosive Ordinance Disposal Personnel, Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman, or an Aviation Air Rescue Swimmer (AKA Special Ops)? Your chance to find out first hand is coming to Logan on Sept. 29. Sign up for the Navy Challenge Programs Presentation in the Career Center on the Military Info Table.
- Come to the Fall WACAC College Night Fair (AKA the Ohlone College Fair). This year due to construction at Ohlone it is being held at Washington High School in Fremont. Besides 100+ college reps tabling, you and your family can sit in on a UC/CSU/Community Panel Discussions or attend a financial aid workshop. This all happens Tuesday, September 30, at 6:30 p.m. Flyers for the Fair with a listing of attending colleges are available in the Career Center on the Freebie Table!
- Senior Parent Night will be held on Wednesday, October 1st, at 7 p.m. in the Center for Performing Arts. Counselors will be present to provide assistance. We encourage you and your parents to attend in order to receive information on post high school options, college admission information including community college, obtaining letters of recommendation, senior year timeline of important dates, and going over valuable resources.