- ASB Elections are this week. Come out to Colt Court today at lunch to meet the Candidates. Voting is Tuesday through Thursday online at www.tallyspace.com/jlhs. Computer lab 43 will be open during lunch for voting or you can use your phone.
- Have a nice car you want to show off and win a trophy for? Mecha’s Car show is next Friday. See Ms. Esquivez for more information
- The Health Fair is just one week away! Stop by and enjoy games, prizes, and information in Colt Court on May 15.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
- Seniors - Need some extra cash for college? Then apply for the 4 new Logan only Scholarships now in your email, the Moneybox, and in the Career Center's website. All 4 scholarships are due May 1st at 3:45 p.m. in the Career Center, and as always NO LATE applications will be accepted. So don't procrastinate the clock is ticking!
- Seniors: Have you won a scholarship or an award other than the ones from NHSF (aka Logan Only scholarships)? If so please let us know by filling out the WooHoo form in the Career Center so that we may include your award and recognize you at this year's Honors Convocation. High Schools are rarely notified when students receive these prestigious awards, and without your sharing we have no way of knowing. So please share and receive your just applause!
- Seniors planning on attending Ohlone next year should by now have submitted their on-line application and received their Ohlone ID #. Next up is placement testing and for your convenience Ohlone is coming to Logan for a 1 day event on April 30th after school. Interested test takers should go to Logan's Career Center with their Ohlone ID# and sign up. Space is limited to the first 90 students; after that students will have to go to Ohlone to test.
- Junior Prom tickets are on sale NOW. Tickets are $50w/ASB and $60w/out ASB. Prom is Saturday, May 3rd from 7-10pm in the Pavilion.
- Juniors ONLY – interested in going on a College Faire field trip? Pick up a permission slip in the Career Center from Mrs. Hart or Mrs. Felipe. The traveling Spring College Faire is making two Bay Area stops, on Thursday May 8th at Mission College in Santa Clara and on Friday May 9th at CSU – East Bay. Both will feature the same 100+ colleges from across the U.S, and Canada as well as our military academies. There is space for only 220 current juniors and will be given on a first come first serve basis upon return of the field trip permission slip.
- The Youth Alive Christian Club meets tomorrow after school in Room 418.
- Shakti Movement Club has a meeting today after school in Room 210.
- Yearbooks are $70 with ASB $80 without ASB. Payment plans available.
- Want to get your Driver's License? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from your house office. Classes will be offered in June. Call the Adult School for more information, 489-2185. Applications are in the Main Office.
- WooHoo - Congratulations go out to Kaitlin Kopecki and Mursal Gardezi for winning this year's Newark Lov Michael Gendreau Community Service Scholarship.
- Are you on Twitter? Then you gotta follow @JamesLoganHigh and @JimmySayWhaaa (that's Jimmy Say Whaaa with three A's). We tweet out important upcoming events, photos, info about dances, and lots more! Every two weeks, a random follower will be chosen for cool Colt swag (t-shirts, dance tickets, and other cool stuff). Jimmy says, follow us on Twitter! That's @JamesLoganHigh and @JimmySayWhaaa.
- Project WHAT! Looking for youth between the ages of 14-18, who have had an incarcerated parent and are willing to share their experience. We are looking for youth who share our desire to increase awareness of what it’s like to have a parent in prison or jail, and to improve services for youth with incarcerated parents. . For more information about Project WHAT!, visit: www.communityworkswest.org, find us on Facebook.com/CWProjectWHAT or Text (415)531-2649. See Mr. Sills in room 73 for more information.
- Are you taking an AP exam? Then you need to go to the AP pre-administration session – where you can pre-fill your answer document for the test. This is MANDATORY for all students taking the AP exam. To find out which day you need to attend, please go to jameslogan.org and then click on Advanced Placement under the academics link. It’s important that every student taking an exam attend!