- Auditions for the Logan Invitation Track & Field meet will be today after school. See Coach Webb for details.
- Powder Puff game is this Friday, April 25th at 7pm. Tickets are $5. Come support the Junior and Senior classes.
- Powder Puff tickets needs to be turned in today, Wednesday, April 23rd.
- ASB Elections are this week. Come out to Colt Court today at lunch to meet the Candidates. Voting is Tuesday through Thursday online at www.tallyspace.com/jlhs. Computer lab 43 will be open during lunch for voting or you can use your phone.
- Have a nice car you want to show off and win a trophy for? Enter Mecha’s Car show is tomorrow. See Ms. Esquivez for more information.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
- Seniors - Need some extra cash for college? Then apply for the 4 new Logan only Scholarships now in your email, the Moneybox, and in the Career Center's website. All 4 scholarships are due May 1st at 3:45 p.m. in the Career Center, and as always NO LATE applications will be accepted. So don't procrastinate the clock is ticking!
- Seniors: Have you won a scholarship or an award other than the ones from NHSF (aka Logan Only scholarships)? If so please let us know by filling out the WooHoo form in the Career Center so that we may include your award and recognize you at this year's Honors Convocation. High Schools are rarely notified when students receive these prestigious awards, and without your sharing we have no way of knowing. So please share and receive your just applause!
- Seniors planning on attending Ohlone next year should by now have submitted their on-line application and received their Ohlone ID #. Next up is placement testing and for your convenience Ohlone is coming to Logan for a 1 day event on April 30th after school. Interested test takers should go to Logan's Career Center with their Ohlone ID# and sign up. Space is limited to the first 90 students; after that students will have to go to Ohlone to test.
- Junior Prom tickets are on sale NOW. Tickets are $50w/ASB and $60w/out ASB. Prom is Saturday, May 3rd from 7-10pm in the Pavilion.
- ATTENTION SENIORS: starting Monday morning April 21st, please check the list of senior names on the Main Office glass doors leading to Colt Court to confirm the spelling of your name for the diploma. If your name is spelled incorrectly, or there is any other error, please get a form from Ms. Quintal to make corrections. The deadline for corrections is Friday, April 25th. PLEASE NOTE: Diplomas are a legal document and may only contain your legal name. No changes will be made to add nicknames, step-parent names, remove names, etc., unless you can provide a copy of your birth certificate or have LEGALLY changed your name & can provide a copy of the court document with the official “Filed” stamp.
- Juniors ONLY – interested in going on a College Faire field trip? Pick up a permission slip in the Career Center from Mrs. Hart or Mrs. Felipe. The traveling Spring College Faire is making two Bay Area stops, on Thursday May 8th at Mission College in Santa Clara and on Friday May 9th at CSU – East Bay. Both will feature the same 100+ colleges from across the U.S, and Canada as well as our military academies. There is space for only 220 current juniors and will be given on a first come first serve basis upon return of the field trip permission slip.
- BSU will have a meeting today in Room 529 after school.
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting today 5th period in Room 526.
- The Computer Science Club meets today after school at 3:30 in room 475. It is open to all students who are interested in learning about computers and programming them.
- Yearbooks are $70 with ASB $80 without ASB. Payment plans available.
- Want to get your Driver's License? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from your house office. Classes will be offered in June. Call the Adult School for more information, 489-2185.
- Project WHAT! Looking for youth between the ages of 14-18, who have had an incarcerated parent and are willing to share their experience. We are looking for youth who share our desire to increase awareness of what it’s like to have a parent in prison or jail, and to improve services for youth with incarcerated parents. . For more information about Project WHAT!, visit: www.communityworkswest.org, find us on Facebook.com/CWProjectWHAT or Text (415)531-2649. See Mr. Sills in room 73 for more information.
- Attention Ladies: If you are looking for a dress for Prom look no further and come check out Logan Princess Project. See Ms. Bobadilla-Mastel in 507 or Ms. Esquivez in 407 for more info.
- Are you taking an AP exam? Then you need to go to the AP pre-administration session – where you can pre-fill your answer document for the test. This is MANDATORY for all students taking the AP exam. To find out which day you need to attend, please go to jameslogan.org and then click on Advanced Placement under the academics link. It’s important that every student taking an exam attend!