- Auditions for the Logan Invitation Track & Field meet will be Wednesday after school. See Coach Webb for details.
- Mecha is having a car show May 2nd. We will have tacos and aguas frescas for sale.
- Powder Puff game is this Friday, April 25th at 7pm. Tickets are $5. Come support the Junior and Senior classes.
- Powder Puff tickets needs to be turned in by Wednesday, April 23rd.
- ASB Elections are this week. Come out to Colt Court today at lunch to Meet the Candidates. Voting is Tuesday through Thursday online at www.tallyspace.com/jlhs. Computer lab 43 will be open during lunch for voting or you can use your phone.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
- Seniors - Need some extra cash for college? Then apply for the 4 new Logan only Scholarships now in your email, the Moneybox, and in the Career Center's website. All 4 scholarships are due May 1st at 3:45pm in the Career Center, and as always NO LATE applications will be accepted. So don't procrastinate the clock is ticking!
- ASB election packets are available for pickup. If you are interested in running for office, see Ms. Walton in room 67 for a packet. Elections will be April 21-24.
- Seniors planning on attending Ohlone next year should by now have submitted their on-line application and received their Ohlone ID #. Next up is placement testing and for your convenience Ohlone is coming to Logan for a 1 day event on April 30th after school. Interested test takers should go to Logan's Career Center with their Ohlone ID# and sign up. Space is limited to the first 90 students; after that students will have to go to Ohlone to test.
- Junior Prom tickets are on sale NOW. Tickets are $50w/ASB and $60w/out ASB. Prom is Saturday, May 3rd from 7-10pm in the Pavilion.
- Attention seniors starting Monday morning April 21st, please check the list of senior names on the Main Office glass doors leading to Colt Court to confirm the spelling of your name for the diploma. If your name is spelled incorrectly, or there is any other error, please get a form from Ms. Quintal to make corrections. The deadline for corrections is Friday April 25th. Please note: Diplomas are a legal document and may only contain your legal name. No changes will be made to add nicknames, remove names, step-parent names etc., unless you can provide a copy of your birth certificate or have legally changed your name & can provide a copy of the court document with the official “Filed” stamp.
- The Youth Alive Christian Club meets every Tuesday after school in Room 418.
- Shakti Movement Club has a meeting today after school in Room 210.
- Yearbooks are $70 with ASB $80 without ASB. Payment plans available.
- Want to get your Driver's License? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from your house office. Classes will be offered in June. Call the Adult School for more information, 489-2185.
- Are you on Twitter? Then you gotta follow @JamesLoganHigh and @JimmySayWhaaa (that's Jimmy Say Whaaa with three A's). We tweet out important upcoming events, photos, info about dances, and lots more! Every two weeks, a random follower will be chosen for cool Colt swag (t-shirts, dance tickets, and other cool stuff). Jimmy says, follow us on Twitter! That's @JamesLoganHigh and @JimmySayWhaaa.
- Project WHAT! Looking for youth between the ages of 14-18, who have had an incarcerated parent and are willing to share their experience. We are looking for youth who share our desire to increase awareness of what it’s like to have a parent in prison or jail, and to improve services for youth with incarcerated parents. . For more information about Project WHAT! Visit: www.communityworkswest.org, find us on Facebook.com/CWProjectWHAT or Text (415)531-2649. See Mr. Sills in room 73 for more information.