- The boy’s wrestling team beat the defending section dual champions De La Salle 34-22 in the final. The girls won their second straight NCS title and qualified 4 to State in two weeks. Please take the time to congratulate the wrestlers that competed this past weekend! They have worked hard all season long.
- The 24th Annual Sabor Latino Dance is Saturday February 22nd in the Pavilion. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. There will be a live banda, Herrauradeoro. Dance is from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Tickets will be sold at lunch on Friday February 21st.
- “And now it's....Springtime for Hitler!" JLHS Performing Arts Department presents the spring musical The Producers. Join Max and Leo as they sing and dance their way through this irreverent musical comedy. March 6, 7 & 8, and March 13, 14 & 15 @ 7:00 pm (SHARP). Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for students/seniors. Room 722 for tickets and information or 471-2520 x60206.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
- Seniors: The NHSF or Logan Only Scholarships are due by 3:30 p.m. today, in the Career Center. Be sure to staple your application packets together. Do not use paper clips or put them in envelopes. Only stapled packets will be accepted and remember to be on time! The Career Center doors lock at 3:30 sharp! No late applications will be accepted.
- If you are interested in fighting for improving causes, come to the Shakhi Movement Club every Monday in Room 210 after school. We are working on gender equality/girl improvement projects.
- Starting this Thursday, February 20th, the Computer Science Club will be sponsoring a free practice AP Computer Science exam. Since it is a long test, it will be given in 4 parts over the course of 4 consecutive Thursdays starting on February 20th. Anyone is welcome to try it, but it is specifically intended for those currently enrolled in the AP computer science class. If you want to try it, please come to room 475 at 3:30pm this Thursday.
- BSU will have a meeting tomorrow in Room 529 after school.
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting tomorrow 5th period in Room 526.
- Students interested in learning about technical theater are welcome to join the Technical Theater Club! Stop by and join us today at 2:00 p.m. in the Green Room (room 709) backstage inside the Center for Performing Arts.
- Yearbooks are $70 with ASB $80 without ASB. Payment plans available.
- Want to get your Driver's License? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from your house office. Classes offered during Spring Break and in June. Call the Adult School for more information, 489-2185.
- Starting Monday, January 27th until mid-February, Logan Students, teachers and faculty are encouraged to donate their gently worn jeans for our Teens for Jeans drive! They can be dropped off in any of your classes with a donation box. Be sure to write your full name on a piece of paper and stick it in the pocket of your donated jeans. By providing your name we can enter you into a school wide raffle. Remember, all sizes are welcome. Rid yourself of jeans that no longer fit and make a homeless youth’s wardrobe more durable. You can reference one of the Teens for Jeans flyers around campus for more information.
- Students! If you are ordering food to be delivered for lunch please go to Ms. Montague in the Main Office and pre-pay. We will not interrupt classrooms to call students to pick up their food, so you will need to visit the main office during passing to pick it up. We will send delivery people away if we do not have money. Please think ahead and be responsible.
- De Anza Community College in Cupertino will be here to present on Friday, Feb. 28 during 3rd period. They boast one of the highest transfer rates in California and are the second largest community college in the state. They are also well known for their nursing and automotive technology programs. Please sign up in the Career Center to attend this presentation.
- The College of San Mateo (a community college) just across the Hayward/San Mateo Bridge off Highway 92 is the 3rd in our Community College presentation series to come to Logan. They will be here in the Career Center on Feb. 25 at 1:20pm (start of 6th per). Sign up in the Career Center to be part of the presentation, and open your Logan email to see a listing of their most popular degrees and programs.
- Students interested in medical careers may want to check out the Medical Explorers at Washington Hospital in Auditoriums A & B this Thursday night from 6-8 pm, there will be a vascular surgeon guest speaker. Admission is FREE.
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System will be holding a Career Day this Saturday, March 29, 2014 for students interested in all areas of medicine including dentistry and criminology. You will have to register well in advance and there is a $10.00 fee to participate in the workshops. Space is limited, so if medicine is in your future don't procrastinate and register today! Find registration and program info in your Logan email, or see Mrs. Hart in the Career Center.
- Starting tomorrow the Computer Science Club will be sponsoring a free AP Computer exam. Since it is a long test, it will be given in 4 parts over the course of 4 consecutive Thursdays starting February 20th. Anyone is welcome to try it, but it is specifically intended for those currently enrolled in AP Computer Science class. If you want to try, please come to Room 475 at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow.