- Alexandra Newsom, Hamza Khawaja, Joseph Hararah, and Cristian Monsalud were winners at the Ghebray Cross Country Invitational this past Saturday.
- There will be a mandatory boy’s basketball meeting Wednesday 10/9 at 2:00 p.m. in Room 501 for any young man interested in playing basketball this year for James Logan Basketball team.
- Any student that is a junior or senior interested in being a manager for boys basketball this year please see Coach Fortenberry in Room 501.
CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
- The Cycling Club will have its first meeting tomorrow, October 10th after school in Room 123. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
- Would you like to get some Community Service and also learn some Chinese Culture? Come by Room 313 today.
- Attention students who would like to go on the Close Up trip to Washington DC this year: there will be an informational meeting for parents this tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. in Room 71, Ms. Lombardi’s room.
- Any recent T.V. show, music group or movie that has you buzzing? Come to Fandomonium in Room 301 tomorrow after school.
- Come to Pre-Med Club on Friday, October 11 in Room 204. We will be discussing homecoming nominations and academic testing.
- Bonjour! Want to help plan for the year’s events? Come to French Club in Room 452 on Thursday, October 10! All members welcome.
- Payment plans are available.
- Leadership students are still selling ASB stickers. If you still need to purchase your sticker, buy one from them or go to Room 67 after school to pick up one. The class that purchases the most stickers by Spirit Week will receive 200 spirit week points. Buying your ASB sticker saves you money through the school year. If you need a payment plan or would like to fundraise for your sticker, please go to Room 67 for more information.
- More and more colleges and universities are choosing Logan on their high school tour of presentations. For the most up to date list go to Logan's website under College/Career Center and click on the College visits link or stop by the Career Center. If there's a college you'd like to know more about, presentation sign ups are in the Career Center.
- Want to get your driver’s license? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from any house office. Classes offered during Thanksgiving and Winter Break. Call the Adult School 510-489-2185.
- This year’s Latino/Latina Role Model Conference is taking place at Overfelt High School in San Jose on Sat. Oct. 12 starting at 8:30 a.m. for more information read your Logan email or drop by the Career Center.
- Hillview Crest is holding a Fall Festival and needs volunteers. For more information check the Career Center’s web page or pick up a flyer in the Career Center.
- Life Touch pictures are in the main Office. If you paid for pictures the day you took your ID picture please come to the main office to pick them up. Staff pictures will be put in your mailbox.
- Interested in promoting the Logan Health Center? Join the Youth Advisory Board, Thursdays after school in the Health Center.
- PACT tickets are now on sale. Tickets will be sold on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during both lunches until the end of October. Tickets cost $25 and can be paid by cash or check (payable to JLHS). Any questions see Ms. Hull in House 2.
- EAOP is back today in room 511 to help seniors with their college applications. Space is available on a first come first serve basis and available for students during both lunch periods and after school.
- Santa Clara University will be holding their presentation at 1:10 today in the Career Center.