CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
SENIORS - Are your parents nagging you about your plans after high school? Well here's the answer next time they ask. Tell them that, the counselors are hosting a 12th grade parent night meeting on Wednesday, October 2 at 7pm in the performing arts center.
1. The next Puente Club meeting will be meeting today after school in the Spot. This is a mandatory meeting for all Puente students. Attendance will be taken. See you there!
2. The Muslim Student Association Club will have its first meeting on Thursday, October 3rd after school in Room 453.
3. Any recent T.V. show, music group, or movie that gets you buzzing? Come to Fandomonium in Room 301, Thursday after school to talk about it.
4. Bonjour! Come to the French Club meeting is in Room 452 after school on Thursday. Let’s welcome new members.
1. Yearbooks are $70 with ASB and $80 without ASB. Payment plans are available.
2. Leadership students are still selling ASB stickers. If you still need to purchase your sticker, buy one from them or go to Room 67 after school to pick up one. The class that purchases the most stickers by Spirit Week will receive 200 spirit week points. Buying your ASB sticker saves you money through the school year. If you need a payment plan or would like to fundraise for your sticker, please go to Room 67 for more information.
3. More and more colleges and universities are choosing Logan on their high school tour of presentations. For the most up to date list go to Logan's website under College/Career Center and click on the College visits link or stop by the Career Center. If there's a college you'd like to know more about, presentation sign ups are in the Career Center.
4. Thank you to all the clubs who have sponsored booths for our annual Club Recruitment Fair. We hope that all of you had success in getting people to sign up. Our next Inter Club Council meeting is scheduled for today October 2 to discuss Club Charters/Renewals, Club Constitutions, and Homecoming Nominations. Please have a representative from your club present and at least one of the meetings.
5. Class Officers would like to give a special thanks to the Language Arts and Social Science teachers who allowed them the opportunity to give presentations to in their classrooms. It was a great way for us to meet our peers and give out information on how to stay informed about school activities. Our goal is to get as many students involved in our activities so giving us that little bit of time helped us in a HUGH way.
6. Want to get your driver’s license? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from any house office. Classes offered during Thanksgiving and Winter Break. Call the Adult School 510-489-2185.
7. PACT tickets will go on sale today Tickets will be on sale both lunches. Tickets cost $25 and you can pay by check or cash. (Make checks payable to JLHS). Any questions see Ms. Hull in H2.
8. This year’s Latino/Latina Role Model Conference is taking place at Overfelt High School in San Jose on Sat. Oct. 12 starting at 8:30 a.m. for more information read your Logan email or drop by the Career Center.
9. Reminder: UC Santa Barbara will be holding their presentation today at the start of 6th period in the Little Theater.
10. Reminder: Don’t forget the Ohlone Faire is TONIGHT on their Fremont campus in Epler Gym. The faire starts at 6:30 p.m. and will have close to 100 institutions from across the US and Canada tabling, as well as a financial aid presentation and a UC/CSU panel discussion. T faire is FREE and OPEN TO EVERYONE!
11. Students please do not visit other schools after your day ends. It might be tempting to go say hi to your former teachers or visit your former school, but going onto another campus is not allowed. If you want to contact your former teachers, you must visit their main office and ask for permission.