CLASS (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshman)
SENIORS - Are your parents nagging you about your plans after high school? Well here's the answer next time they ask. Tell them that, the counselors are hosting a 12th grade parent night meeting on Wednesday, October 2 at 7pm in the performing arts center.
1. Club Recruitment Fair is Tuesday, and Friday this week during both lunches in Colt Court. If you are interested in joining a club, be sure to stop by during lunch. Clubs are split up over the 3 days so we hope to see you there. Don't forget to bring some money to buy some nice treats.
2. The Youth Alive Christian Club meets today after school in Room 418.
3. Are you interested in walking in San Francisco to raise money for farm animals? Community Service hours are available. Join Colts for Animals Tuesday in Room 121.
4. The next Puente Club meeting will be Wednesday, October 2nd after school in the Spot. This is a mandatory meeting for all Puente students. Attendance will be taken. See you there!
5. The Muslim Student Association Club will have it’s first meeting on Thursday, October 3rd after school in Room 453.
1. ASB stickers and Yearbooks will be on sale at lunch at the main office windows and after school in room 67 everyday. The cost of the ASB sticker is $25 and it will save you up to $100 throughout the school year! Yearbooks are $70 with ASB and $80 without ASB. Payment plans are available.
2. More and more colleges and universities are choosing Logan on their high school tour of presentations. For the most up to date list go to Logan's website under College/Career Center and click on the College visits link or stop by the Career Center. If there's a college you'd like to know more about, presentation sign ups are in the Career Center.
3. Thank you to all the clubs who have sponsored booths for our annual Club Recruitment Fair. We hope that all of you had success in getting people to sign up. Our next Inter Club Council meeting is scheduled for today and tomorrow October 1 & 2 to discuss Club Charters/Renewals, Club Constitutions, and Homecoming Nominations. Please have a representative from your club present and at least one of the meetings.
4. Leadership students want to thank all of you who joined us for the Class Kick-It Wednesday afternoon. We had a great time and look forward to seeing all of you help out with float building and other activities leading up to Spirit Week. It was great seeing all the Disney attire. If you are interested in helping with float, stop by room 67 to pick up a calendar. Here are the Spirit Week themes by class. Seniors: A Senior story (Toy Story) juniors: Juniors Inc. (Monsters INC & Monsters U) “sophomore” Wonderland (Alice & Wonderland) freshman: Lion King.
5. Leadership students are still selling ASB stickers. If you still need to purchase your sticker, buy one from them or go to Room 67 after school to pick up one. The class that purchases the most stickers by Spirit Week will receive 200 sirit week points. Buying your ASB sticker saves you money through the school year. If you need a payment plan or would like to fundraise for your sticker, please go to Room 67 for more information.
6. Class Officers would like to give presentations to in their classrooms. It was a great way for us to meet our peers and give out information on how to stay informed about school activities. Our goal is to get as many students involved in our activities so giving us that little bit of time helped us in a HUGH way.
7. Want to get your driver’s license? You need Driver Education! Pick up your application from any house office. Classes offered during Thanksgiving and Winter Break. Call the Adult School 510-489-2185.
8. PACT tickets will go on sale today Tickets will be on sale both lunches. Tickets cost $25 and you can pay by check or cash. (Make checks payable to JLHS). Any questions see Ms. Hull in H2.
9. This year’s Latino/Latina Role Model Conference is taking place at Overfelt High School in San Jose on Sat. Oct. 12 starting at 8:30 a.m. for more information read your Logan email or drop by the Career Center.
10. There are 3 College visits scheduled for Logan today. They are UOP, 4TH period, St. Mary’s, 6th period. And Goucher University, 7th period. All presentations will be held in the Career Center.
11. Reminder: Don’t forget the Ohlone Faire is TONIGHT on their Fremont campus in Epler Gym. The faire starts at 6:30 p.m. and will have close to 100 institutions from across the US and Canada tabling, as well as a financial aid presentation and a UC/CSU panel discussion. T faire is FREE and OPEN TO EVERYONE!