Coping with Grief
Grief is a natural response to losing someone or something that is important to you. You may feel a variety of emotions like sadness or loneliness. And you might experience it for a number of different reasons.
Coping or dealing with grief is different for everyone, but it's important to know that you are not alone. Some tips for coping include, but are not limited to the following:
- Allow yourself to experience the pain of loss. As much as it hurts, it is natural and normal to grieve
- Talk to others, such as your parents, trusted advisors, or your School Counselor
- Find creative outlets and try to engage in physical activity to keep your mind, spirit, and body healthy
- Give yourself a break from grieving
- Finally, forgive yourself and be patient